Monday, January 25, 2010

What I Watched -- The Fog of War

I saw this when it came out; I was in college. But I heard something about it a couple weeks ago, and was interested in seeing it again. I like it.

There's a lot of history, spanning from WWII to the 1990s, and it's interesting for that alone. There's also some political spin (of course), but there's also a fair amount of responsibility-taking, which is nice. And there's also some denial of responsibility. True? Not true? Who the heck really knows. But I think it's especially interesting to see McNamara as an old man, having had many more years of life to reflect on his decisions, but still not totally removed from the political world. And you get to see where he came from, which is always interesting for those who are interested in the lives and legacies of historical figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment