Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday morning shopping

This morning I went for a shopping adventure in Maplewood! The initial object was the Winter Farmer's Market at Schlafly Bottleworks. I met with L for coffee at a little shop which I can't remember the name of, but my latte was delicious. We took our coffee on the road -- er, sidewalk -- and found a neat little shop called Vom Fass, which is German for "from the cask." They sell oils, vinegars, liqueurs, wines, and spirits, and they're all dispensed out of either casks or glass vats, into whatever size bottle you want. Very cool!We also checked out Penzeys Spices, but I didn't get anything. I can't buy any more spices until I have (1) a spice rack, and (2) someplace to put the aforementioned spice rack. We also stopped into a pet store called Airedale Antics. After that, we finally made it to the Farmer's Market, where I purchased some absolutely delicious cranberry-orange goat cheese.

Another stop at Treasure Aisles yielded a green pot in which I can put another plant I will desperately try not to kill. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment