Monday, January 18, 2010

What I Watched -- Up

Since I'm clearly unable to keep up with my reading -- I've been very busy complaining lately -- I'm thinking maybe I should start reviewing the movies I see as well. That will give my lovely readers some more material to keep them entertained at work (E).

And while I'm at it, I'd like to give a shout-out to the St. Louis County Library. While there might be long waits for popular movies, you still get to watch them for free! And as I was explaining to J, the long waits make for a nice surprise. Here's what happens: I get all motivated to see a bunch of movies, so I go on the website to request them. I'm number 274 in line, so I forget about it for a while. And then one day, out of the blue, I get an e-mail from the Library saying that my movie is ready for pick-up! How lovely!

Having said all that, though, I must admit that Up was not a library rental. J's dad got it for Christmas, and let us borrow it. And, as with most Disney/Pixar movies, it was cute and clever and funny and sweet and totally worth the time spent watching it. As is usually the case, "Best Animated Feature" is theirs to lose on Oscar night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got a shout-out! And I'm being entertained at work! You know me so well.
    Also, I <3 Up.

    ReplyDelete