Friday, July 30, 2010

Mammoth Moth, Day 2

Remember how I posted about that giant moth yesterday? Yesterday? (Thanks to T for the classification!)

Well, last night I was at the boathouse for our last Learn To Row class. Outside the pedestrian door to the boathouse there is a stand with some flyers and info about the club. The base of it is made of boards probably 4" deep. And this is what I saw:

And look, I found the Wikipedia page for this one myself! (I think. T, verification?)

I'm pretty sure I've never seen moths this big before in my life. And now I see two in one week! Maybe they're giving Starbuck's a run for its money in a bid to take over the world. That could be interesting, actually: "Welcome to Celebrity Death Match! In the blue corner, giant swarming silk moths of all colors and varieties! And in the red corner, the perky, over-caffeinated coffee shop baristas!" Odds?

No comments:

Post a Comment