Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My handiwork

Yesterday, I did something handy!

Before you get all excited, ask yourself these questions:

Q: Did it require a lot of skill?
A: No.

Q: Did it require any skill?
A: Not any more than comes naturally to someone who likes to take things apart.

Q: Did you have any help?
A: Yes. Kind of. I was on the phone for some technical assistance regarding drywall with this guy named T, who said he was in Colorado, but really I'm pretty sure he was in India. Or maybe Singapore. It's hard to tell. In any case, you know how helpful those people usually are :-)

Anyway, what I did -- since you are now on the edge of your seat with anticipation, I'm sure -- was re-hang the broken towel rack in the bathroom. Witness my handiwork:

Spackled-over old hole, and new drillwork below it (with an anchor, this time!)

Bracket

Rack

Ta-da!

I like being handy. Maybe I should do it more often.

1 comment: