Monday, October 4, 2010

Apples, apples, and more apples

Remember how I ended up with all those apples last year after going apple picking? (Discussed here and here.) Well, I've done it again! L and I headed out to the Eckert's Farm in Belleville early Sunday morning for some deliciously crisp apples. Suncrisp apples, in fact. They had lots of enormous pumpkins too, but we decided to save those for another day.







I loved that first apple crumble pie that I made so much, I think I'm going to make another one.


Later that same day...

And in fact, I did make another one! I could't find the recipe I used, so I tried out a new one. It wasn't quite as good as the ones from last year, but tasty nonetheless.




I was very busy in the kitchen yesterday! In addition to the apple pie, I made apricot bread (2 loaves), southwest creamy pasta bake with chicken (basically a pasta and chicken casserole), and chicken soup (K was over and she is sick :-( so we wanted to have non-experimental food - except that I don't think I'd ever actually made chicken soup before...hmm...). Anyway, quite a day!


1 comment:

  1. Is this another JULIA in the making??????
    Looks YUMMY!!!:)
    miss you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete