Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lost Valley

Guess what I did for the first time in years (a decade, at least!) today....

Give up?

I went mountain biking! T and I had to get out of the house for a couple hours, we we headed out to the Lost Valley Trail. So to say "mountain" is not totally accurate. But that's beside the point.


What I learned is this: apparently the phrase "just like ridin' a bike" doesn't apply to me. I fell down. I blame it on the rock that I hit. I seem to be good at that. There can be 6 perfectly flat and level inches of dirt on either side of a rock in the trail, but I'll hit the rock. Every time.

But really, with just one spill after a decade out of the saddle, I think it went well. And T made it through a tough stretch he hadn't done before! A good day all around, and a fun (and healthy, unless you count the dirt-encrusted open wounds) way to kill an afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the dad-daughter activities that you two are choosing so far. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete