Saturday, October 2, 2010

What I Watched -- Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

I hadn't really planned on watching this movie. But when I returned the last one, something drove me to browse the shelves, and I had read some laudatory reviews of this flick.

So far I have seen Michael Cera in three things: Arrested Development, Juno, and now this. And in all three, he plays the same character. A kind of nerdy, hopeful (which makes him seem hopeless) dope. So I wasn't much surprised by his performance - or really by any of them actually. But I was confused. I recognized Norah, but I could not figure out what I had seen her in before. The credits and DVD cover informed me that her real name is Kat Dennings, and IMDB informed me that she played Jenny Brier, the Jewish superbrat who was having the million-dollar bat mitzvah on Sex and the City!

Everyone knows I am a sucker for something that features Manhattan as a character. It's a good thing this movie did, because the sweet, sappy, teen angsty-ness is something I wouldn't have been able to deal with otherwise. It seems a little bit like Gossip Girl (kids running wild in the city), except without all the money, revenge, and melodrama of the TV show.

Bottom line: watch it if you wish you lived in NYC.

2 comments:

  1. Mishi is reading FOREVER! I hope she likes it as much as I did! GO! NYC :)
    love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quote/lyric from the movie:

    "The way you're moving in your sleep,
    The way you look before you leap,
    The strange illusions that you keep,
    You don't know but I'm noticing."

    ReplyDelete