Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Fountain on Locust

Since my big V-day plans tonight include going to a movie and eating leftovers, I'll tell you instead about the dinner T and I had last Friday night.  We went out to The Fountain on Locust (but sadly, I'm not back in dress mode yet.  I'll get there!).

The Fountain is a retro restaurant-cum-ice cream parlor, except the ice cream comes in the form of alcoholic beverages!  Okay, it doesn't have to.  But really, why wouldn't you want it to?

We started out by sharing the hummus plate (Hummus a Sultry Tune), and then I had the Roast Beef Melt, mostly because the horseradish sauce sounded good.  I will, however, have to return for the Royal Grille.  For dessert, we shared a vanilla egg creme, which was...interesting.  Tasty, but I didn't really know what to expect.

The real winner, though, was the Brother Love: chocolate ice cream swimming in Frangelico.  It was like Nutella in a margarita glass.  Amazingly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment