Monday, February 6, 2012

What I'm Reading Now -- The Help

The Help has been out for a while now, and it's gotten rave reviews all along. I never really had any particular desire to read it, nor any particular aversion to it. It just wasn't on my list. But then the movie came out, also to rave reviews, and one of my book clubs decided to do a "book and a movie" event.

It's possible that I already missed the event, but I had gotten the book and am now determined to read it. I'm about three chapters in, and enjoying the narrative so far.

3 comments:

  1. it is long, but worth it. I'd like to see the movie.
    of course there are quite a few movies I'd like to see before the Oscars.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the Super Bowl and several hours at DIA, I managed to make it most of the way through the book. But I'm in the same boat regarding the movies. So many I want to see!

    ReplyDelete