Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mardi Gras

I know, I know, Mardi Gras was over a week ago.  I was so drunk and hungover that I couldn't even get the post written!  Okay, that's not true.  Really I forgot that I was even going to write it.  Not because MG wasn't fun, but because I'm a forgetful space case sometimes.

Anyway.  Remember way back when I went on a tour of the Laurel Apartments, MX redevelopment, etc.?  The apartments have been open for occupancy for some time, but they had their official grand opening celebration last Tuesday night.  It was warm for February, so they had food in the open-air courtyard of the apartments, as well as some inside.  I think there were three or four different spots you could find food and drink.  And one of their most ingenious ideas was hot chocolate in paper cups that we could take downstairs to watch the parade!


I didn't go to the big Saturday parade, but I know the Tuesday night one is much smaller.  Still, it's nice that they do it.

After that, we went to A&N's house and had ribs and cole slaw from Bogart's Smokehouse!  Bogart's in the new(ish) restaurant opened by the same guys who own Pappy's.  I've never actually been to the establishment, but now at least I can say I've had their food (and it was great)!

No comments:

Post a Comment