Monday, May 13, 2013

Goal #19

Goal #19: eat vegetables.

I've been eating out a lot lately.  I think it's for a few reasons - I'm busier at work, there's a group at work that goes out once a week and I'm expected to participate, it's an easy thing to do when you want to get together with someone, I don't have much in the way of groceries.  Sometimes my menu choices are healthy, sometimes not so much.  So this week, I'm going to try to be good.

Today I cooked up some Brussels sprouts, asparagus, sweet potatoes, and sugar snap peas - they're all ready to go.  Hopefully that'll make it easy for me to grab a healthy snack or side dish when I need one.

Recap of goal #18: I've been pretty good this week.  Here's a recap:
Monday: running
Tuesday: running (sprints)
Wednesday: running
Thursday: climbing (bouldering, actually)
Friday: day off
Saturday: 57-mile bike ride; 3 hours of climbing
Sunday: 32-mile bike ride

2 comments:

  1. I obviously love this goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another way to enjoy veggies:
    Find some vine ripened tomatoes. This recipe is for 5 medium ones:
    Cut tomatoes in half, and place skin-side down in pan. Sprinkle with 1 TBL water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes, adding 1/4 cup water at a time if it dries. Sieve them, saving pulp. Add S&P, juice of one lemon. Refrigerate and serve over ice.

    ReplyDelete