Sunday, May 26, 2013

Goal #21

Goal #21: clean out the freezer.

A freezer is not a complicated thing.  However, for years I viewed it as nothing more than a storage facility for ice cream (which - no doubt - is still it's highest and best use).  Then I started getting better about freezing stuff that might go bad if I left it out or in the fridge: the second half of that loaf of bread, extra soup from when I made a big pot, vegetables, etc. 

Yay for me, I'm using my freezer!

Except you also have to remember to go back and eat the things you put in the freezer at some point, or they just turn into little blocks of ice crystals.  Not so good.

I have lots of stuff in my freezer.  Some of it has been frozen for ages, some for just a few days.  I'm going to dig around and find out what's hiding in there.

Recap of goal #20: I was busy all week, but just managed to get to the apartment cleaning today (which is technically past the deadline but (1) at least I got some of it done, and (2) it's a holiday weekend, so it feels like there's another day in the weekend left).

I still need to vacuum and deal with lots of papers/computer/online stuff, but I'm pretty sure "clean out my email inboxes" has been a goal a few times already.  I also still need to put away my laundry.  But I made significant progress and am feeling much better about not living in filth with a sinkful of unwashed dishes.  And of course I still have some clutter and projects I will get to sometime in the next 20 years, but there was major progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment