Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What I Watched -- Ironman 3

T and I often don't share the same taste in movies.  He tends towards special effects, superheroes, sci-fi/fantasy, good guy/bad guy stuff.  I lean more in the direction of indie movies with unclear resolutions.  But every now and then, we find some common ground.

I don't know why, but I've always liked Robert Downey Jr., even when he wasn't really worthy of liking.  I was buried in legal studies when Ironman came out, and I didn't see Ironman 2 for two bad reasons: (1) I hadn't seen the first one, and (2) I didn't have anyone to see it with.

When Ironman 3 came out, I figured there couldn't be much in 1 or 2 that I wouldn't be able to figure out, plot-wise.  I mean, it is a superhero movie, after all; it can't be that complicated.  And it wasn't, although they did make a few references to The Avengers (which I saw last summer and loved), and I was happy to get the jokes.  There may have also been references to the earlier Ironman movies (Ironmen?) that went over my head, but such is life.

Bottom line: good guy/superhero faces internal struggle, has to fight bad guy/villain, good guy wins.  Did I spoil anything?  Not really.  But it's fun to watch anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment