Friday, September 19, 2014

What I'm Reading Now -- The Farm

While I certainly enjoy a good psychological thriller, this book probably never would have made it onto my radar if not for my old stalwart book podcast, Books on the Nightstand.

The plot is this: Daniel's father calls him, telling him that his mother is delusional and had been hospitalized, but checked herself out of the hospital. Daniel's mother calls him, and tells him that she needs his help to escape Daniel's father.  Daniel doesn't know what to believe, except that his parents' outwardly placid marriage is perhaps not what it seemed.

I'm listening to the audio of this, because I especially love audio books which have multiple narrators, and this one does.  It's told from Daniel's point of view; he and his father are voiced by one reader, and his mother is voiced by someone else.

I'm about a disc into it as I write this, and I can't stop listening!

1 comment: