Thursday, September 25, 2014

Microbrewery: Bridge Tap House and Wine Bar

Technically, Bridge Tap House and Wine Bar is not a microbrewery.  It's not a brewery at all.  It's just a restaurant, but it has such an extensive list of craft and generally unusual beers that I thought I'd include it in this little microbrewery tour.

[Aside: remember way back when I started this with Schlafly Bottleworks? Then I went a long time before writing about Urban Chestnut, which now has a new location I still have to try.  I also went to Six Row, which I didn't even write about!  Clearly, I have not been very diligent.]

I've been to Bridge a couple times actually.  Once I went with cousin M, and enjoyed the pork belly banh mi.  I went later with T feasted on a board of various breads and dips.  The first time I was there, right after I moved downtown, I had duck tacos which are still my favorite of the three.

If you're looking for a beer you'll like and are a bit intimidated by the list, ask your bartender or server.  So far they've all been knowledgeable and eager to help out.  Or just go with M, because he knows his stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment