Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Shaved Duck

Uncle P was in town a couple weeks ago, and he too A and me out to dinner at The Shaved Duck, which I've heard so many good things about and have been dying to try!

On the way there, I was pretty sure I had taken a wrong turn.  I was driving the little roads of a South St. Louis residential neighborhood, and not a particularly lovely one, at that.  But sure enough, about 2 corners past where I was sure I had gone wrong, there were the sidewalk tables, and a parking space right in front!

I was just getting out of my car when A pulled up, and we found P sitting inside at the bar.  We headed to our table right away, and I got one of their seasonal beers to wet my whistle.  As I recall, we all got the two meat combo platter for dinner; mine was burnt ends and brisket, with Brussels sprouts as a side.

Straight up delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment