Thursday, September 22, 2016

Juniper and the Fox

It seems that S and I cannot have a totally good evening out at the Fox.

Last year, S got us tickets to If/Then. I enjoyed the show more than he did, but it was not the best I had seen. However, we went to dinner and drinks beforehand at The Fountain on Locust, which I recall as being quite tasty - especially the drinks.

Last night, we went to dinner at Juniper before heading over to see A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder at the Fox Theater.

Juniper is known for their cocktails, and we each tried a flight. For the most part, they were pretty bland. S's favorite was the Put It in Your Purse; I liked the Cat's Pajamas.  Otherwise, not much to write home about, and they pretty much forgot to serve us the last round in the flight, so we had to make quick work of them while we were on our way out the door to the show.

S got the BLT, which was the winner as food selections went.  The bread was fluffy and delicious, the dressing tangy, and the pork belly delectable.  I had the fried green tomatoes, which I generally love and am always excited to try. These were a disappointment. The breading was so crispy that I had trouble getting through it even with a steak knife, and overall there was very little flavor - not in the breading the tomatoes, or the sauce. I also got a side of mac and cheese, which was tasty enough - I ate it all - but not nearly as good as its counterpart at Salt + Smoke.

We snagged a decent parking space at the Fox and made it to our seats in the last few seconds before they shut off the house lights.  The show was cute, and we both laughed.  Nothing deep or meaningful, but it made for a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment