Tuesday, September 27, 2016

What I Watched -- The Power of One

I've seen The Power of One before, several times.  However, it has been years since the last time, so when S decided to watch it the other week, I sat down to watch it with him.

It is a thoughtful tale of a young boy named Peekay growing up in apartheid South Africa.  He learns the harsh realities of life, both as the oppressed and the oppressor. Much of his life's wisdom comes through an odd friendship with a German professor who is imprisoned for the duration of World War II. 

One of my favorite things about the movie is the music.  I love the rhythms and voices that are so evocative of Africa.

The movie is based on a book of the same name by Bryce Courtenay.

Bottom line: a good one to re-watch every few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment