Friday, September 30, 2016

What I Watched -- Sunset Boulevard

As I believe I have mentioned several times before, my knowledge of classic films is lacking. With C's help, and also occasional inspiration from Netflix, I'm slowly increasing my classic film repertoire.

Recently, Sunset Boulevard popped up in my queue, so I decided to give it a go.  One of the nice things about classic films, I have discovered, is that the plots tend to be fairly simple, so they're good to watch while you're doing other things.

This is the tale of an aged, once-famous actress, who refuses to believe or even acknowledge that her glamour days are behind her.  She catches a struggling writer in her web, by welcoming him in to her extravagant lifestyle in return for his assistance improving the screenplay she has attempted to write.  But once he's in, it becomes impossible for him to extricate himself.

Bottom line: worth seeing in light of my goal to improve my knowledge, but otherwise quite odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment