Thursday, September 15, 2016

What I Watched -- Into the Wild

I had been meaning to watch Into the Wild for some time.  I read the book ages ago, I think back in high school, but that didn't have much to do with why I wanted to see the movie.

I wasn't so interested in the speculation about what happened to Chris McCandless at the end as I was in the path he took to get where he ended up.  I knew from reading the book that he went on quite a journey before finding his way to Alaska, and I expected that there would be some lovely scenes in the movie -- which there were!  Some beautiful scenery shots of the west that make me want to head off on a road trip!

There was also some good music, written and performed by Pearl Jam.  I'm not a huge fan, but you may recall my concert-going experience several years ago, and I can now at least appreciate them.  They settled down a bit and did some quieter stuff for the movie, which was perfect for it.

Bottom line: A moderately entertaining, and fairly lovely, distraction, but not much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment