Thursday, September 1, 2016

Gloucester

I not-so-recently traveled to Gloucester, Massachusetts, for my friend L's bridal shower.  I had never been there before, but it was a cute little place.  The house we stayed at was a ways out of town, about a five minute walk from Wingaersheek Beach.  (And since the wedding is coming up, I figured it was about time I post these pics!)

 

I ventured into town on a couple of occasions - to get coffee, to find a gas station and liquor store, to pick someone up at the gas station. Most time was spent at the beach or beach house, so I can't say much about Gloucester proper except that it looked cute.

L's aunt is Italian, and there was no end of food and drink available to us for the weekend. It was incredible.



The beach had a long, shallow grade. If you were inclined to wade in cold ocean water (I was not), you could go quite far.  I did find that the consistency of the sand made a good surface for running on in the morning after the tide went out, but the gentle slope of the beach often meant that large pools of water were left behind as the tide ebbed. That's not a  great thing to come across in running shoes.  But the beach is private, only available for use by the people who are staying in the homes in that particular neighborhood, so I can forgive its shallowness in return for not being crowded.


I had the last flight home on Sunday, so I also had the pleasure of spending those additional hours with L and a couple of the attendees who were staying until Monday. We just relaxed at her aunt's (fabulous!) condo in the Charlestown area of Boston.  Then off the the airport after a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The food looks amazing! Can't wait to hear (/see) about the wedding!

    ReplyDelete