Sunday, December 11, 2016

Goals -- (Nearly) End-of-Year Report

Garden: a qualified success!  It was small, but turned out some good tomatoes, loads of cucumbers, and herbs galore (which made for some delicious muddled cocktails).  The Japanese beetles that so plagued the canna plants and my one basil plant during the summer disappeared into the fall.

The only thing that didn't work out were the peppers.  The plants were stunted all season and produced no fruit.  They finally started to grow and even produce a few small peppers -- in October!  Then they froze.  Apparently they're confused about the calendar.

Those two little spruce trees that managed to survive much of the summer were the victims of a lack of watering when I was out of town, and they didn't make it either.  No worries about them though, they were just a fun project.

Gym: yesterday S and I put our bikes back on the trainers for the first time, so we may get around to making some progress where the gym is concerned.  His current project is redoing one of the bathrooms.  However, a basement bathroom is going to go in next to the gym, and I think a few of the parts and pieces that come out of the master bathroom are going to be repurposed in the basement bathroom, so hopefully the bathroom work will spill over to gym work as well.

We did pick up a small section of one of those rubber-puzzle-piece floors when a friend of S's left town, and finally laying that down is an easy fix that I can make.

Craft table: I put this project on hold, since my desk (which is huge) is actually working pretty well as a sewing machine table for now.  I don't think this situation will last forever, and eventually I will want a real craft table, but for now, the bathroom is the construction priority.

Recipes: typewriter is in good working order, and I've taken one pass through my recipes and typed several of the ones I make most often.  It's a fun way to spend an hour or so, until my fingers start to get tired.  I also got a binder and put several of S's recipes in it, so he has a little collection as well.

Pictures: still nothing to report.  Maybe in 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment