Wednesday, December 7, 2016

What I'm Reading Now -- The Woman in Black

Since the termination of my favorite book podcast, Books on the Nightstand, I have picked up on one of the ones they recommended at the end of their show. It's called Overdue.

The format is quite different: most episodes are about an hour, and each one is about a single book. The two guys who host it WILL spoil the ending, but they're pretty good about warning you when they're getting into major spoilers. I usually end up skipping about the last 1/3 of each podcast.

The podcasts are put out weekly, and back in October they did a bunch of scary books. One of the selections was The Woman in Black, by Susan Hill.

As a rule, I am not much of a thriller/horror fan. Just not my cup of tea. But since I've been up reading in the middle of the night lately, I am looking for reads that are less intellectual and more page-turner-y. I just don't have the brain capacity to read serious history or complex political analysis at 2:00 in the morning.

That's why The Woman in Black caught my attention. I'll let you know how my new genre goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment