Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Airplane Tickets

I just bought tickets to go see my mom and my little sister in North Carolina. No big deal, right? People buy plane tickets every day.

But for some reason, whenever I buy them (especially online, because then I can't blame any errors on anyone else), I get irrationally nervous. I check umpteen gazillion times to make sure I have the right dates and the proper destination, and I still am totally freaked out that I did something wrong.

It all seems irrational because I know how to read a calendar, and I know the name of the place I want to go, so it really shouldn't be that hard. Maybe it's just because the airlines make it so impossible to change anything once you've actually purchased a ticket. But isn't that when they should be nicest to you? They already suckered you in once, and if they want you back again, they should make it a pleasant experience, no? But I guess they operate kind of like cell phone companies. If they're all big jerks all the time, then you have no incentive to go anywhere else, because you won't be treated any better.

Boo hiss.

1 comment:

  1. It's one giant conspiracy. But congratulations on purchasing your ticket to Seattle Washington for February 23-26.

    ReplyDelete