Sunday, September 13, 2009

North Carolina, Day 1

First things first. I went to Art Outside at Schlafly Bottleworks with my friend L on Friday night. I bought this fabulous new necklace that I love! The little colored bits are microscopic images of pollen spores, which the artist printed and colored, then set in some powdery stuff which, when baked at high temperatures, becomes resin-like. I was so excited about it that I put it on my bed when I got home and packed for my trip, choosing only outfits which matched my new necklace!
It's possible that I've never had a flight as glorious as the one I had yesterday morning. There was nothing spectacular about the plane or anything, but I got to sleep the entire flight, except to wake up and ask for some water. It was badly needed, and it was lovely.

E picked me up from the airport, and we went to hang out with her boyfriend B. And by "hang out," I mean that I met him for the first time. He and a bunch of his friends have coffee together every Saturday and Sunday morning, so basically we were crashing the party. Then I got to see E's new house. She's sharing it with the woman who owns it, and together they have 3 dogs: Surya (E's dog), Starbuck, and Darius. Then off to see my mom's new house (everyone's moving!), which is super cute. Molly (mom's dog) is as crazy as ever, but Surya seems to put up with it very well.
E's green bedroom...
...and orange bathroom.
Mom's Kitchen

If I said I didn't take another short nap, I would be lying. Then we went to buy supplies for tonight's party! We went to this store called The Fresh Market, which was awesome! They had the most fantastic-looking produce, and lots of healthy organic stuff. Mom, E, and I went to dinner at a Japanese/Thai place called Shabashabu. It was quite tasty and well decorated. (It's in the old Macaroni Grill building where E used to work!) They had a jazz/r&b band playing live, which was great once we got them to turn the music down a bit.
Veggies at The Fresh Market
Who doesn't think Mimosa Jam sounds delish?
Our table setting at Shabashabu
E and me at Shabashabu
My chicken yakisoba -- quite tasty!

We saved our dessert for when we got home -- I made Rice Krispie Treats! I hadn't had them in forever, and they're so easy and delicious! We didn't last much past dessert; just a mug of tea and bed.

2 comments:

  1. I just tried to eat my computer screen. Now it's got a giant streak that looks like someone licked his tongue across it. Great. Thanks.

    Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My new house is super-cute too! Right...?

    ReplyDelete