Monday, September 14, 2009

North Carolina, Day 3

E had to work all day today, so Mom and I hung out. Mom made ebelskiver for breakfast, some of which were filled with raspberry jam and some with lemon curd. They were quite tasty.
We lounged around the house for a while doing not much of anything, then decided we should lounge around the pool. She still has a key to the pool at her old apartment - the new tenants aren't moving in until later this month - so we took advantage.
We did a couple errands after that: Barnes & Noble and Home Depot. We got loads of stuff at HD, and by "we" I mean "mom." I only got some paint samples. I've been wanting to live in a place that had some color on the walls, but I held off painting because I thought I was moving out of my apartment. Since I just signed a lease for another year, though, I'm considering my options. My colors are difficult to match, because the "living room" is brown with some red, olive, and yellow, and the "dining room" is lighter green and blue. But the two rooms aren't really separate, so I either have to find a color which works with both, or find some way to divide the two by using different colors. Choices, choices. And we know how well I do with those.

Anywho, after errands I went to yoga with E again. We did a lot of balancing work, some of which I was good at, and some of which almost made me fall on my face. Then we came back to mom's for another celebration dinner because E got 100% on her orgo exam! E also dug through some boxes of her kitchen stuff that my mom has, because she was inspired by the chocolate exhibit yesterday. She has a copper hot chocolate pot, and she wants to put her new hot chocolate cookbook to good use. And while she was polishing that, we decided to put ourselves to good use and also polish my mom's copper bowls. It was a pretty rockin' party. Too bad you missed it.

2 comments:

  1. Good photos, margie marge! everything looks EVEN BETTER than in real life!!!
    Miss you already,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete