Saturday, September 26, 2009

Anyone hungry for a piece of roasted fan belt?

Sorry, I know it's been a while. It's just that not much of note has happened in the last few days. I've been working a lot at the bookstore in my "free" time, and that is where the one and only interesting thing happened.

But before I get to that interesting thing, get this. In one night - one night! - I was asked two of my favorite bookstore questions:
1. Customer, after taking a long, hard look at my nametag which clearly says Barnes & Noble: "hi, do you work here?" No, sorry, I don't.
2. Customer: "can you tell me where the non-fiction section is?" "Well, ma'am, everything that's not in the fiction section is non-fiction, so could you maybe be a little more specific?"

And now, on to the car fire! We were closing the store one night, when one of my co-workers looked outside and informed us that there was a car on fire in the parking lot! It was crazy. The fire department showed up a few minutes later and took the entire car apart to make sure it wouldn't blow ip in the middle of the night. Sorry, no picture, though :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment