Thursday, September 17, 2009

North Carolina, Day 4

Sorry for the delay in posting the pictures. I'm very busy and important :-)

Last day in NC :-( Sadness. But we had fun while we could. Mom made fresh biscuits for breakfast, and I had biscuits and gravy. We lazed around most of the morning working on two puzzles: a jigsaw puzzle, and a stereo puzzle (getting all the jigsaw pieces in the right place is way easier than getting everything out of boxes and making sure all the cords are plugged into the right place).
We went to lunch at Guglhupf bakery and had tasty soup, sandwiches, and pastries. It's the best bakery in D-town! After that, we met up with E and her friend G, and the four of us went to the Nasher, an art museum on the Duke campus. They had an exhibit on Picasso which E and G had planned to see, so Mom and I tagged along also. It was interesting, and there was a wider variety of stuff than I expected to see. I've only been to one Picasso exhibit before, and it had mostly cubist, Guernica-esque type works. And there were a lot of those here too, but also there were some more realistic ones, which I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment