Monday, January 10, 2011

What I Watched -- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

As with many movies made from books, I have to say that this one is not as good as the paper version, but it's not terrible, and it manages to be rather entertaining.

I watched it the night after I finished the second book, and I'm glad I did, because it gives away a few details that you don't learn until later. Although maybe if I hadn't already read the second book, I wouldn't understand the significance of those details. Since I've read it, I can't say.

Details from books always get left out, due to the condensed format, and some of the story was lost because of it, but it's still a good whodunnit.

The version of the movie I saw was the original Swedish one (it's all that's out right now). It's subtitled in English, so you have to be paying attention. There's an American version due out this year, and I'll be interested to see how that turns out.

Bottom line: watch it if you're into mysteries. Otherwise read the book, which is both more detailed and more engrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment