Tuesday, September 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Weeks 15 and 16

Otherwise titled: Jimmy's, Jimmy's, and the Japanese Festival

Many moons ago, T and I had dinner at Jimmy's with E and S - the first time they had been there, and they got to experience the wonder that is Jimmy's croissant bread pudding!  Oh, and the flash-fried spinach too.

The weather was still toast warm then, and I took advantage of it to wear one of my long-neglected dresses (it has to be warm to get away with pink linen).


This past weekend, T and I went again, but this time for brunch.  That was a new experience for me.  I didn't know they did brunch!  And not only do they do it, but they also had live jazz (and the good kind, not the make-you-feel-schizophrenic kind).

For my meal, I had Derek's Omelet, along with the flight of mimosas.  T got the tenderloin Benedict and a Bellini, although we really shared all the drinks.  He'll tell you I drank most of them.  He's probably right.


We meandered our way down to the Botanical Garden for the Japanese Festival, stopping to take care of a few errands/necessities along the way.

We wandered the garden a bit, saw the bonsai and ikebana exhibits, ate beef kebabs and drank banana-plum shakes, and camped out early for a good spot to see the taiko drummers.

Bonsai

Sushi (aka ikebana)

Flowers
Windsocks

More pink!  Good thing I got it in just before the weather turned cooler!

They now do anime events at the festival, so there are some...um, interesting...outfits.


The weather was perfect, and it was so lovely to sit outside and just enjoy the weather and the sunset (and the [very Japanese] M&Ms!), and hear and feel the drums!



1 comment: