Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I'm Reading Now -- Room

In truth, I'm not actually reading this book, I'm listening to it.  And while I often advocate audiobooks as a way for busy people to read (though I seldom listen to them myself because I'm always listening to podcasts), I'm not sure I like this in the audio version.

However, I joined a book group, and if I'm going to get this book finished by the meeting, it's going to have to be on audio.  And actually, I'm first on the waiting list for the meeting anyway (they cap the group at 20), so since I may not even be going, I feel that the slightly less engaging method of absorbing the literature is justified.

Also, I'm breaking my rule twice over of reading only one book at a time, although I've given up on the first one until this winter at the least.  The second one I will keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment