Wednesday, September 14, 2011

52 Weeks of Dresses -- Week 18

Otherwise titled: A Rooftop Extravaganza

Remember this awesome date? Well, we did a second iteration of it on Saturday.  I had the weekend off work, so I put on another fun dress and we headed back down to Cielo for dinner!


We had the Caesar fondue again - because it was so much fun last time! - as well as the Cielo bruschetta.  Dinner for me was basil pappardelle with duck (which T even said was "not bad," which is about as high of praise as I've ever heard him give to poultry other than chicken), and T had the halibut.  The pasta was good, and came with lots of sauce, which I love!  Not cool to skimp on the sauce.  T's fish came with polenta cakes, which often can be tasteless, but these were good!


And for dessert (because there's always dessert!): I had the Italian dessert tasting with the trio of chocolate mousses - which I refrained from finishing even though I know I could have!  T had the pistachio semifreddo, which he was kind enough to let me try.

Oh, and of course the wine!  Figuring we would be there a while, I went crazy this time and ordered a whole bottle, despite my love of menus with a half-bottle selection.  We got a blend from the Murietta's Well Vineyard called The Whip, which includes sauvignon blanc, viognier, semillon, pinot blanc, orange muscat, and muscat canelli grapes.


After dinner, we weaseled our way to the front of the line for Three Sixty, the rooftop bar at the Hilton.  There had been a Cards game that night, so some of the crowd was in baseball gear, but for the most part, everyone dressed up like they were going to a classy joint, which was nice!  We managed to snag a couple of seats at the bar as another couple got up to leave, so we spent the evening enjoying some rather tasty vodka cocktails and the antics of the group across the bar.

The weather could not have been better, and it was the perfect evening to spend outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment