Thursday, December 22, 2011

Am I S.A.D.?

I've always liked winter.

I like snow.  Don't particularly mind cold weather, once I get used to it and remember that I have to dress appropriately.  I drink lots of tea and hot chocolate.  Catch up on reading, movies, and TV shows.  Work on projects around the house.

But this year.  Sheesh!  This year I have been nearly completely incapable of keeping my eyes open.  Every time I stop moving even for a minute - at my desk, at a red light, in front of the TV - I just want to go to sleep.  I came home from practice this morning and passed out for an hour and a half.  Needless to say, I was late for work.

So what's the deal?  Am I generally deficient in sleep?  Yes.  But that's been the case for years!  I've never been this prone to narcolepsy before - not in past winters, and not in summers ever.  So I'm self-diagnosing: I'm S.A.D.

How sad.

(Also I'm getting old.  And, as T is so kind to point out, it's gray and miserable in St. Louis all winter.  Those two things probably don't help either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment