Friday, December 30, 2011

North Carolina, Days 1 and 2

So, I'm putting the first two days of my trip together for a few reasons:
1. I flew in the first morning, so that was gone.
2. I slept through three hours of the first afternoon, so nothing much to write about there either.
3. I slept until 9:45 a.m. on day two, and didn't get out of the house until 12:30, so lacking in activity there as well.
4. The evening of day two was our Christmas celebration, which I wrote about already.  So...

Not much of note at the airport in St. Louis, except for obscenely long security lines.  We probably waited for 45 minutes to get screened.  Once the smarties at TSA decided we were not terrorists and allowed us to continue to our gate, T helped himself to a healthy breakfast of candy and soda while commenting on the super-awesome pink hard hat that a woman at out gate had poking out of her bag.

Mom rescued us from the airport and took us to her house for some delicious lunch, and then T and I passed out on the uber-comfy blue couches for the duration of the afternoon.  (I had gotten two and a half hours of sleep the night before, and I think T had gotten two.  We needed it.)

When we awoke, we went for a short jog, then E and M let us tag along to a birthday party for their friend A.  She turned 29.  For the eighth time.  Or maybe the ninth.  I can't remember the details, but I can remember that there was lots of wine and some darn delicious dinner.  And - remember the pink hardhat in the airport in St. Louis?  Turns out that it belongs to A.  She and her hubby were on our flight that morning!

This morning I woke up to discover (a) that it was raining (so no jogging - I wasn't in the mood), and (b) that mom had stocked the kitchen at E's old apartment with some good eats!  T and I had coffee, juice, eggs, and toast for breakfast.  E rescued me and we headed off with mom to pick up K at the airport.  While we were off doing girl things (shopping for wedding dresses for K at a couple of cute places in Cary and Raleigh), T stayed back to study.  K found and bought a beautiful dress - the first one she tried on, though she tried on a few others before making the purchase just to be sure!


We came home from shopping and had Christmas #4, which you can read about here.  By the end of that, everyone was so tired that it was straight to bed for the lot of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment