Monday, December 5, 2011

Recap Part III - Other Fun Stuff

Lest you all think that I only do fun stuff so that I have something to write about, here's a sample of other things that I did while I was on my break from blogging:

London Tea Room: T and I went here once before, and it's so cute that I took a few hours off work to go downtown and try it again!  They were super slow and overwhelmed this time, but it gave us a chance to sit and chat, so it was okay.

Copia:  Another downtown outing!  Look at me go!  Copia fancies itself sort of a wine bar, but really it's just a restaurant with a big wine selection.  To me, "wine bar" means more tapas style, with small plates for sampling and lots of wines by the glass so you can taste.  (Technically, they call it a "wine market."  I'm not really sure what that means.)  This is a restaurant with a regular menu and most of their wines are by the bottle.  Which doesn't mean it's not good.  Indeed, everything was delicious.  But our waitress seemed very put out when we didn't want a bottle, and instead opted for glasses of different types.  Sheesh.

Addie's Thai House: Location-wise, there isn't a lot to recommend Addie's Thai House.  It's in a nondescript suburban strip mall/blight at the corner of Olive and Woods Mill (across from another hidden gem of St. Louis, Paul Manno's - a restaurant so great they don't even have a website).  But once you're through the door of Addie's, it's easy to forget what's outside.  Asian flavor permeates the decorations and fabrics, the menu is extensive, and what we had was quite good - although I said 3 on a 1-5 scale of spiciness; 1 or 2 would have been a better choice.  If you're out that-a-way and need a bite to eat, it's definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment