Friday, December 9, 2011

Recap Part IV -- Books -- Take 2

Super-short recaps of books I read while not blogging:

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: original post here.

I read this for book club, and I liked it.  The vignettes I mentioned that fill the first half of the book I found to be more enjoyable than the second half, which is composed mostly of the legal side of things.  Which I should find interesting, shouldn't I?  But it just wasn't as colorful as all the background.




The Sunset Limited: original post doesn't exist.  Sorry.

This is a short, rather plotless tale of two men having a conversation.  The white man, we come to discover, is a professor who just tried to commit suicide.  The black man is a formerly drug-addicted ex-con who's made it his life's work to try to help other people like him.  They debate life and religion and reason.  It's a short book and an easy read, but one that I've come back to several times since I finished it.

HBO did a movie version (trailer) of The Sunset Limited starring Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson.  Haven't seen it, but if I do I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment