Thursday, September 27, 2012

Adventures in Eating

At the beginning of the summer, I began a joint and rather unfocused effort to work out more (which included biking and running) and eat healthier (including fewer complex carbs, less refined sugar, and more produce).

Why did I do this?  Black beans, it turns out, are a superfood. I've never liked them.  Not refried beans either.  But I was out in Breck and had a really good wrap with black beans, cheese, avocado, and some other goodies.  "I need to eat more of these," I thought to myself.  So I did.  I set out to like them, and I think I can officially say that I do!  I even made a black bean and veggie soup from scratch not too long ago!

Now I'm working on the whole mushroom family.  I've had a lukewarm relationship with mushrooms for a while - they've been okay in a sauce or as a subtle flavor, but not as the big show.  It's a work in progress, but there's progress indeed.

And just the other day I decided what my next food love was going to be, but for now it's escaping me.

3 comments:

  1. teehee. Update when you remember! Beets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beets! That was it! But now I have one vote for and one against.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beets are heavenly. Try a chocolate beet cake. That'll win ya over.

    ReplyDelete