Sunday, December 16, 2012

Goal #51

Goal #51: Have a good week.

This week was a rough one.  It wasn't all bad - we had a fun lunch for my paralegal's birthday, I saw an alt-rock show that took me back to the grungy 90s, happy hour with G&G.  But there was a lot of bad: emotional meltdown, illness, lack of productivity (blaming the illness), lack of working out (for sure blaming the illness), other people's emotional meltdowns, and a lot of people just being mean for no reason.

Example 1: one dumb chick walking past me and my dog (either thinking I couldn't hear her because I had headphones in, or just not caring whether I could or not) yells at the dog that he "better not lift his leg and piss while [she's] walking by."

Example 2: another dumb chick walks past me on the sidewalk and says, "I hate your vest."

People are the worst, really.  I want to be a hermit.

Recap of Goal #50:
- Send out the rest of the cards? Check.
- Christmas menu? A work in progress, but mostly there.
- Cookies? Haven't even thought about it.  (For the record, I think this will be the first Christmas since I learned how to bake that I haven't made and delivered cookies to everyone I know.  That's how you know I'm busy!)
- Shopping list? Nope.
- Shopping? Not 'til I have a list. Duh.
- Little tree? Check.

2 comments: