Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Star Burgers

Earlier this week, I had occasion to meet some friends at Five Star Burgers in Clayton for dinner.  I had the Magic Mushroom burger, which I enjoyed.  Warning: err on the side of having them over-cook the burger, because a lot of people were a little disappointed with how much pink was still in theirs (I didn't mind a bit - take a whole cow, walk it through a warm room, and I'm happy).  I think the consensus was that their burgers were good, and big, but not in competition for the best in town.

Here's a secret for restaurateurs: if you put alcoholic milkshakes on the menu, I will order one.  Five Star's are small but seriously boozy - don't be put off by their small size, they pack a punch.  I had the Rumdinger (which I wanted more of), but a couple of my friends ordered the Maraca, which had so much tequila in it that they didn't even finish.  (No comments from the peanut gallery regarding what that says about me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment