Saturday, December 28, 2013

Durango, Day 4 -- Christmas!

As I mentioned, I slept in on Christmas.  I was the last one of our little crew of five to arise, and I did so just in time to open presents.  Riches abound!  That was followed by a bacon-and-egg brunch and a flurry of cookie dough-making, before D and I headed off for another day on the slopes.  Dad took K&J on a hike, as they prefer not to rocket down the side of a mountain on greased boards.  I don't know what's wrong with them.

We met up with T's family again, and all told there were 14 of us skiing that day.  Even on the six-pack lift we needed 3 chairs!  Quite a crew.  For the most part though, everyone stayed together really well, and only split up on the very last run when it was getting cold and people were getting tired.

The view leaving Purgatory

The combination of the "red cliffs" and the snow creates really cool striped mountainsides.

Our big plan for Christmas dinner was to make lamb kebabs, but everyone was so full from earlier in the day and from our many plates of cheese and crackers that Dad, D, K&J ended up watching The Heat while I made the aforementioned cookies and made some "Merry Christmas" phone calls. I had planned on joining them at some point, but I so enjoyed my conversations that I just never got around to the movie.  I'll have to get back to it.

And then, by the time the movie was over, everyone was too tired to worry about making the kebabs, so we just had leftover (but still delicious) tamales and pasole.  Merry Christmas to us!

Bedtime for Keystone

No comments:

Post a Comment