Thursday, December 19, 2013

What I'm Reading Now -- The Last Walk: Reflections on Our Pets at the End of Their Lives

I actually first attempted to read The Last Walk when R the Wonderdog still graced me with his presence.  I just couldn't do it.  I had the book.  I looked at it.  I picked it up.  I put it down.

Now that it's been a few months since R went on his merry way, I thought I would give it another try, just to see what kind of insight, if any, I can gain from it.  The author chronicled the last 15 months or so of her dog's life, and compiled her journal entries into a book, a tale of her pal Odysseus in his decline.  Will I make it more than a few pages?  I have no idea.  Only one way to find out.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could read this even now and my puppy went his merry way in March. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete