Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What I'm Reading Now -- The Book Thief

When K finished The Book Thief by Markus Zusak some time ago, she texted me a picture of the cover and said something like, "YOU MUST READ THIS."  I promised I would, and all these many months (years?) later, I'm finally getting around to it.  It is pure chance that my reading of it coincides with the release of the movie, truly.

What I knew about this book before I started was that it had something to do with a girl and the Holocaust.  Almost one CD into it, that's still pretty much all I know about the setting, but I've met a lot of characters whom I think will be important as the story rolls on.

The most interesting thing so far is that the narrator of the tale, and you figure this out early on so I'm not spoiling anything, is Death.

3 comments:

  1. You will not regret the time you spend on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's it going?!?! I want updates. You will not regret the time that you spend on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a slow reader (and/or listener, as the case may be)!

    ReplyDelete