Saturday, January 3, 2015

250 Cakes

Now that 2014 -- St. Louis's 250th anniversary -- is over, I might as well get around to posting the pictures of the cakes I saw this year.

The what?  The cakes.

As part of the anniversary festivities, the city commissioned 250 artists to design 250 cakes to be placed in and around St. Louis, to honor famous landmarks, cultural icons, historic sites, and other favorite spots.

T had had an idea to plan some bike rides to visit each and every cake, but then we looked at how far flung some of them are, and that plan went the way of the dodo.  But here are the ones I did see, for your enjoyment!

Christ Church Cathedral

 T-REx

Babler Park

Chain of Rocks Bridge

Missouri Botanical Garden

Opera Theater St. Louis

Riverfront Trail

St. Louis Art Museum

Union Station

 I have no idea!  This one might also be Riverfront Trail, but I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment