Friday, January 23, 2015

Dinner at Farmhaus

Last Saturday, a group of friends got together for dinner at Farmhaus.  I had been there once before with dad, and my recollection is that we both ate a whole lot of pork.  My recollection is also that I didn't blog about it though.  Did I?  Sometimes it's hard to remember.

Farmhaus maybe wasn't the best choice for this group (don't blame me, I didn't choose it), since one of the couples in the group doesn't eat port, which severely limited their options.  A couple of other issues: we were seated in the bar, which had potential to be bad but turned out okay once everyone was seated at their tables.  But the only other table in the bar area was l-o-u-d loud, and that made conversation a bit difficult.

So we had a few logistical problems.  But that didn't affect the food!  I started out with a bite of T's cotechino, an Italian sausage, served with grits.  My own appetizer, which came out a few minutes later, was the roasted Ozark mushroom salad.  I sure am glad I learned to like mushrooms, because this was worth eating, but they're not kidding about the mushroom part.

My main was the Cajun-inspired pork loin.  Not too spicy, and again, heavy on the star of the show, the pork.  They certainly don't short you on the good stuff.  For the final hurrah, T ordered a slice of the apple pecan pie, and I had the root beer ice cream which came along with it.  And excellent way to end the meal, since it fills in the cracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment