Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What I Watched -- Edge of Tomorrow

One of the movies I watched to fulfill my goal #52 was Edge of Tomorrow. I didn't particularly intend to watch it, but I had a couple of hours to kill sitting in front of my computer and it was the first movie T and I could agree on.

To steal T's analysis, if you squish The Matrix and Groundhog Day together, with a little Independence Day thrown in for good measure, this is the movie that comes out.

I had heard not terrible things about this movie, and when you're talking about movies with weird alien-like enemies, a primary focus on explosions, and Tom Cruise, "not terrible" is pretty good.

And though I may despise both him and Angelina Jolie on a par with one another, Tom Cruise does know how to make a movie.  Emily Blunt holds up her end of the bargain as well.  The dialogue is quick, well timed, and occasionally funny.  I think that's where the movie gets its credibility.

Bottom line: entertaining, if you're looking for something in this vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment