Monday, January 26, 2015

Wolf Hall -- Take 2

I took a long pause in the middle of listening to Wolf Hall, and perhaps that's the reason I didn't like it very much.  Maybe my lack of attention span while I'm listening and also doing other things is the reason I didn't like it very much.  Maybe it was just too long. 

But what it comes down to in the end is that I didn't like it very much.  It wasn't poorly written (it won the Man Booker, after all). It wasn't a dull story (sex! lies! political intrigue! death!).  But for some reason, it just didn't take.

Now the big decision: should I press on with the next book in the series, Bring Up the Bodies, in the hope that it will go better?  Or abandon all hope and delete it from my iPod?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe try it at a later date. Sometimes I don't like a book the first time I pick it up, and then I find it again and tear through it like it's the best thing I ever read. I can't explain that...

    ReplyDelete