Monday, January 5, 2015

Goal #1

Goal #1: test out my new protein shake.

As with the last two years, I am refraining from making a big New Year's resolution this year.  Mostly that's because I'll probably fail miserably at whatever overly-lofty and -ambitious goal I set for myself, and just be disappointed and give up.

Again, as with the last two years, I will continue instead with my trend of weekly goals.  As I have mostly completed the organizing of the apartment which occupied much of the second half of last year, I will pick a new theme.

And I will go with the unsurprising theme of "self improvement" (or PIP, if you are K).  My goals, until I tire of this theme, will be generally related to my mental, physical, or emotional health in some way, large or small.  (So, really, they could be pretty much anything.  I mean, getting rid of this last lingering box of CDs I haven't yet sorted would arguably be good for my mental health, no?)

So for this first week, I will test out a few variations on my shake recipe and hope to get the right balance and quantity, so I can whip it up any time I feel the need for a little pick-me-up.

Recap of goal #52: a good time was had by all! The rest of my trip to Durango was great (more on that later), T and I enjoyed a slightly-behind-schedule dinner at Home Wine Kitchen on their last night in business, I had a very short work week, and watched a couple of movies (more on those later as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment