Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Evasive Maneuvers

Major props to S for some movie-stunt-car-driver evasive maneuvers while driving me home from work yesterday.

I was minding my own business, listening to S's story about his day at work and playing on my phone. I felt him hit the brakes and my phone flew out of my hand.  I looked up to see nothing but our headlights reflecting off the bright white passenger door of a car which had turned left across our lanes of traffic, headed for a side street. S swerved left around their back bumper, then back right again to get out of the oncoming traffic lanes.

It all happened extremely fast, and was fairly terrifying.  I have no idea what the driver in that other car was thinking.  However, there were two things that were quite funny:

1. The whole experience was very quiet. I muttered my usual, "holy s***," which is the non-exclamation of choice when something bad is about to happen. S said nothing.  He did not honk the horn.  But as soon as it was all over and we were back headed the right direction down the road, he picked up with his story about his day at work right where he left off, as though nothing had happened.

2. S put on his left blinker to signal the swerve.  You know, just so other drivers know what's going on.

2 comments: