Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Goals 2017 -- March Edition

It's probably a little early for planting, but my March goals are as follows:
1. The January Carryover: finish painting the notions cabinet;
2. The February Continuation: the February goal has been accomplished, but what remains to do is to plan the beds so they're ready to go when it's planting time; and
3. The March Goals:
     a. move all the books; and
     b. figure out the landscaping.

The March goal, part a., comes along with an announcement: I am moving out of my condo!

As much as I love having my books up on top of the 3/4 wall in my condo, they're not doing much good up there, and -- aside from the quantity -- they're a pretty easy thing to move.  They pack well and I don't need them for anything in particular at the present time.  So they are going to be the first of the household goods to be relocated.

I've already moved some of them, but I have probably at least a half dozen bigger-than-Banker's boxes to go.  All I need is a good weekend without too much to do and I can certainly knock this one out!

As far as 3.b. goes, here's the situation.  The gal who lived in S's house before him did nothing as far as landscaping is concerned.  S's step-mom was kind enough to put in some cannis along one side of the front of the house last year while I was in the Grand Canyon, and they did quite well through the fall.  It is my plan to replant those, and add some more along the whole front of the house.

The other landscaping issue that needs serious attention is the front garden bed.  Last year it was overgrown with clover, grass, and weeds.  I want it to be flowers.  Right now it's covered with dead leaves, so I'm going to clear it out and see what I can do about getting some real plants in there.

1 comment:

  1. You're so domestic (or, as laughy Bryan used to say, "domesticated").

    ReplyDelete